We have had many people ask for specific things we need for our ministry here so they can help provide for those needs. In addition to monthly support, we are currently in need of the following items to support our work in Uganda
- Replacement cell phones–Vicki and I both have phones that are getting pretty old. We can’t make the whole day on a charge and there is not any available storage. The cost is about $700 for two previous model phones.
- Trees on the farm–We need about $2,000 to begin our tree orchard on the farm.
- Clean out borehole–Our borehole collapsed when we replaced the manual pump with the solar pump. This means it doesn’t fill up properly. We need to clean it out. The cost is approximately $2,500.
We sincerely appreciate those that have supported our ministry thus far. Heart for Uganda wouldn’t be where it is now without you! We thank you in advance for helping meet these needs so we can then bless those here in Uganda! May God bless your generosity towards others!
If you would like to donate to any of these items, please send a check designated to “Needs List” to:
Heart for Uganda
PO Box 9688
Wichita Falls TX 76308
or donate via credit or debit card at the link below:
The Board of Directors of Heart for Uganda will prioritize the purchasing of each item depending on most urgent need.
We have been so blessed by generous donors and the following needs have been fulfilled!
- Signs for our farm and garden–We are in need of a sign at our entrance and signs on our gardens to explain the differences between Farming God’s Way and traditional farming practices.
- Latrine–We need a pit latrine for our farm workers and students to have available.
- Full fence for 22 acres–The outline will be helpful, but we still need to keep out cows, goats, and neighbors.
- Borehole–We need a borehole on our land so that we can have water accessible for irrigating crops, trees and watering animals.
- Residence for land manager–Our land manager is currently living in a neighboring village, but it would be optimal to have him live on the land for security purposes and to save on transportation costs. The cost for this house is approximately $5,000.
- Storage building for land–We are in need of a small building on the land to store our tools and supplies so we don’t have to transport them each day. The cost for this building will be approximately $2,000.
- Tires for our van–Ours are becoming bald and it will be time to replace soon. Cost is approximately $400.
- Solar water pump $6,500. This will pump the water from the borehole at the bottom of our farm to the water tank at the top of the farm to provide water pressure for the whole farm. Currently, we hand pump into 20 liter cans and haul them 700 foot uphill.
- Water Tank $1,200. This is a 20,000 concrete water tank at the top of our land.
- Plumbing for water $500. This will connect the pump to the tank.
- Fencing for goats/turkeys $350
- Chicken and turkey runs $600
- Goat house $350
- Biogas digester $600. This will be used to provide gas to the farm for Alex to cook, to cook the dog’s food and eventually cook for our students. The guy that builds the concrete water tanks builds these, and since he is onsite, it is much cheaper to get it built now. You put manure, grass, etc in and methane comes out!
- Beekeeping equipment–Beekeeping is something that we will be teaching as part of our farming program because they are good for crops and provide good income to the farmers we will be training. Klint attended a beekeeping class to get the skills, but now they need some hives, beekeeping suits, smokers, etc to get started. The cost of these items is approximately $350.
- Training pavilion $2,500. This will be a 6 meter x 6 meter open sided pavilion with a grass thatch roof. This will be where we conduct training events to be out of the rain and sun. We also plan to plant a church at this location so the church will meet here.
- Cows!–We need 6 cows to provide manure for our crops, manure for our biogas digester, income to make our farm sustainable, and a training platform to teach our rotational grazing program. Each cow is $400, so we need approximately $2,400.
- Lawnmower–We moved to a new house that has a big yard. We have been using a manual, rotary mower, but this yard needs a gas powered lawnmower. The cost is about $450.
- Tools for farm–We need some additional tools for the farm and the cost is about $200.
- Second vehicle for the ministry–We are in need of a Prado for Vicki to drive. The cost is about $5,000